- Migrate to a cutting edge eCommerce platform
- Ability to update the site internally
- Website needed to sync with Quickbooks Desktop application
- Site should better convey Original Sprout lifestyle and vibe
- Fresh, clean look which would be mobile friendly
Original Sprout was originally on the Drupal Commerce platform. The Drupal website was utilized for several years, but ultimately they found the platform too overly complex to manage internally. A search was started to find a platform that would be scalable with their growing online presence, while at the same time not being overly expensive to implement.
Our immediate suggestion was Shopify as we’ve been using the platform for several years and believe it to be the leading eCommerce solution available today. Shopify is a great “out-of-the-box” hosted solution that provides merchants with a wide range of applications. The sheer number of additional apps means the platform is highly scalable. At the same time, the well-designed backend UI delivers intuitive self-management.
Original Drupal Site Vs New Shopify Site
A picture says a thousand words. The transformation from an older, antiquated site to a new robust version was seamless. A few ideas to keep in mind while looking at the “before” images:
- Limited screen coverage
- Old blog page had content that continued to run down the page with no easy to define beginning or ending
- Disjointed product page ordering table. No “larger image preview” available
- Social media engagement limited
- “Sprout Cash” was not utilized to its full potential
- The site colors did not match the branding
Below are a few screenshots of how the site looked before the redesign and migration to the Shopify platform.
The same pages displayed above, post-redesign, for comparison. A few thoughts to keep in mind while viewing the new pages:
- Lot’s of open space and clean lines
- Instagram has a prominent placement on the homepage
- The new banners are large and inviting, conveying lifestyle
- The product page has multiple product images and cross-sell
- There is now a paginated, organized and clean blog
We are very grateful for the opportunity to work with Original Sprout. It’s always a great feeling to take an old, antiquated site and transform it into a nice looking, usable new store.
What Can C Dev do for you?
C Dev Web Design has been designing and developing websites for the last 14 years. We originally worked exclusively with Yahoo Stores. Since those early days, we have evolved into a full service web development company. However, our focus continues to be on helping small businesses. Our eCommerce platforms of choice are Shopify, Yahoo Merchant Solutions stores and Magento. In addition, we heavily utilize WordPress for all types of non-eCommerce websites. We also offer Social Media Management, SEO, Marketing and Branding and more. If you are a small business looking for a new Shopify store, site migration, small or large website updates, or full site design, we hope you’ll contact us. You can reach us Monday-Friday at 800-508-9896.