I wanted a separate website on a new platform to showcase the breadth of services and support that Promomento offers. As a promotional consultant, I go way beyond ‘ecommerce’ for my customers. I wanted to demonstrate how I partner with customers who are seeking professional advice, creativity, and dedication for their most important and complex promotional products and business gift needs.
The main website development goals for Promomento were:
- Build a modern yet simple branded website
- Easy to maintain at a basic level. Internal control for simple page updates
- Development needed to be within budget
- Customers would quickly understand brand messaging in a concise manner
While there are many platforms which could have been utilized, we felt building the site on the WordPress platform would be the most effective means to give our client exactly what they were after. Our reasoning came down to:
- Inexpensive monthly hosting via a leading industry hosting provider, Siteground.com. We’ve found Site Ground’s customer service to be absolutely fantastic
- WordPress continues to be a leader in the CMS space. They have a dizzying number of plugins available, many for free
- Rather than creating a custom website, which can be quite expensive. We used a popular theme, GeneratePress
- For easy client management, we used Elementor page editor. With only a couple hours of training, our client has been able to meet their goal of being self sufficient in terms of basic site management
After the project was complete, Jennifer had this to say about the decision to use WordPress:
Before the project started I was completely unaware of the capabilities of Word Press. I really knew nothing. It was a little scary at first because I was investing money into something that I really didn’t understand and didn’t have time to fully learn. But business moves fast and I had to pull the trigger. Based on my history with C Dev Web Design, I trusted them to produce an awesome outcome. And they delivered!
A Satisfied Client
Brent Carey, the owner of C Dev Web Design, had this to say about the overall project development cycle:
We’re also happy with the outcome. We believe we hit the mark on all fronts. Our valued client has a beautiful new website which properly conveys their brand messaging. They have the ability to internally take care of basic page additions or changes and, best of all, the project priced within budget.
We hope you’ll take a few minutes to review the site. You can find it here, More-Promomento.com. If you are ever in need of promotional items, Promomento will take great care of you!
C Dev Web Design offers website design, management and development, as well as branding and marketing services. C Dev has been creating functional and successful websites since 2006. Primary web development platforms are WordPress and Shopify. However, C Dev has extensive experience ranging from pure custom builds to other platform-based sites such as Yahoo Merchant Solutions Stores, Big Commerce and SquareSpace. If you are interested in web design or development, please give us a call M-F at 800-508-9896 or contact us here.